Company Name: Barclays
Job Role: Big Data Engineer
Experience: 0-4 Years
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Serves as SME for Big data core engineering and align his/her understanding with overall purpose of the project and contribute in design, development, testing and maintenance on Big Data Platform.
- Supports the Project Manager as well as Architect Owners in build frameworks and technical design and develop code with clear scope and acceptance criteria in line with Agile delivery methodology.
- Act as a Senior developer and generate flow diagrams, tables, mock-ups and other methods to ensure features and stories are presented without ambiguity when designing the solution.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 0-4 years of experience.
- Relevant years of Hands-on experience with ETL process and tools.
- Strong understanding of distributed computing architecture, core hadoop component (HDFS, Spark, Yarn, Map-Reuduce, HIVE, Impala) and related technologies.
- Hands on experience with batch data ingestion.
- Solid Grasp of data storage formats (Parquet, Avro, Cassandra).
- Understanding of Agile methodologies as well as SDLC life-cycles and processes.